Wednesday, April 16, 2008

since we last spoke

So, I{m a little disappointed that 1) I{ve fallen way behind in uploading pictures and 2) that I can{t find the damned apostrophe on this keyboard!

It{s been something like 10 days since I{ve last written, but I{ve been busy. I spent

5 days on an an ecolodge in the Amazon,
1 day mountain-biking down The World{s Most Dangerous Road,
1 day being very ill in La Paz (don{t eat the ice cubes),
2 days on Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca (birthplace of the Incan people), and
1 day traveling into Peru and visiting people who live on floating islands made out of reeds.

All in a weeks work, right?

Something else I{ll mention before I go is that after Isla del Sol, I have a whole new view bathrooms. A bathroom is luxurious if

1) you don{t have to supply your own toilet paper
2) there is soap
3) there is a lid on the toilet seat
4) there isn{t a bucket in which you have to throw your used toilet paper
5) there is a flush mechanism, meaning you don{t have to pour a bucket of water into the bowl
6) if you have to pour your own bucket, there is water available to pour
7) if a bucket is to be poured, you (and not the inn-keeper) are the one responsible for pouring it it

Ok, on my way to Cuzco. Should have good internet access for the next few days.

No comments: